The Official E.S.G Recordings Web Site

Formerly known As Within The Doomed Drones

Public posting is no longer allowed on this site, It is now the .com page for ESG Recordings

R.I.P WTDD-JUNE 2009-MAY 2011

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a light has shined." Isaiah 9:2

Share | 

Troglodyte Dawn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NapalmDave37
The Gate Keeper
The Gate Keeper
NapalmDave37

Troglodyte Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Troglodyte Dawn   Troglodyte Dawn I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:48 pm

I cannot even begin to cover all that this dude has done for the christian doom scene, Trog is to the christian doom scene what ed is to the secular doom scene, We will start off with the CDA, Much like the dma it is a site to catch all the best christian doom bands, The cda myspace can be found here:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I am proud to say that WTTA is a CDA band!!

Taken from the C.D.A myspace page:

A collective of bands, artists and fans who are believers in Christ and have chosen Doom and its sub-genres as the expression for their art, faith and music. (non-Christians are also welcome as long as your motives are not malevolent - that goes DOUBLE for Pharisitic Christians - and you don't mind hanging around the freaks!) A place to gather, network and support each other as we burn this unique trail to the Promised Land.

Bands and artists who fall into this category will regularly and alternately be featured both on the music player and in the "Top Friends" list so that others may be made aware of their contributions to music.

If you are a Christian who is in a doom band (or stoner, ambient-doom, black-doom, death-doom, drone-doom, funeral-doom, gothic-doom, prog-doom, any sub-genre of doom, etc.) with the message to match, a site on MySpace and you are interested in being featured here, drop us a message. If you either label yourself a "Christian band" or if you are a believer in a secular band that has some material with a Christian message, point us to some downloads of your music or send us a copy of your cd we can rip mp3's from (although we may have your material already). When your turn to be featured comes up, you will be listed in the top 4 bands on the friends list and we will send out a bulletin to all of the friends of this site, the Troglodyte Dawn site and the TrogDawn site so your music will reach and potentially be heard by hundreds of users. The featured bands will be changed every month, and we plan on having several different themes and opportunities for promotion of the bands on our site.

Also, if you know about any Christian-based doom bands not listed here, please let us know about them!

"Being a Celtic at heart and seeing your Cross has opened me up to explore a world of Christian Metal I never knew was out there. Thanks for opening my eyes to this work of God." - Crazy Dougie

(R.I.P-Michelle)

Now we move on to my third favorite forum, The Cave which can be found here:

And now we move onto Troglodyte Dawn which can be found here:

Taken from the myspace page:

Imagine some people living in a large cave where, from childhood, they have been chained by the leg and the neck so they cannot move. Because they cannot even turn their heads, they can only see what is in front of them. Behind them is an elevation which rises abruptly from the level where the prisoners are seated. On this elevation there are other persons walking back and forth carrying artifical objects, including the figures of animals and human beings made out of various materials. Behind these walking persons is a fire, and farther back still is the entrance to the cave. The chained prisoners can only look forward against the wall at the end of the cave and can see neither each other, nor the moving persons, nor the fire behind them. All that the prisoners can ever see is the shadows on the wall in front of them, which are projected as persons walking in front of the fire. They never see the objects or the men carrying them, nor are they aware that the shadows are shadows of other things. When they see a shadow and hear a person's voice echo from the wall, they assume the sound is coming from the shadow, since they are not aware of the existence of anything else. These prisoners, then, recognize as reality only the shadows formed on the wall.

What would happen if one of these prisoners was released from his chains, compelled to stand up, turn around, and walk with eyes lifted up towards the light of the fire? Suppose he was forced to look at the objects being carried, the shadows of which he had become accustomed to seeing on the wall. Would he not find these actual objects less pleasing to his eyes, and less meaningful, than the shadows? And would not his eyes ache if he looked straight at the light of the fire itself? At this point, he would undoubtedly try to escape from his liberator and turn back to the things he could see with clarity, being convinced that the shadows were clearer than the objects he was forced to look at in the firelight.

Suppose this prisoner could not turn back, but was instead compelled to trudge up the steep and rough passage to the mouth of the cave and released only after he had been brought out into the light of the Son. The impact of the radiance of the Son upon his eyes would be so brilliant that he would not be able to see any of the things that he was now told were real. It would take some time before his eyes became accustomed to the world outside the cave. He would first of all recognize some shadows and would feel at home with them. Next, he would see the reflection of men and things in the water, and this would represent a major advance in his knowledge, for what he once knew as only a solid dark blur would now be seen in more precise detail of line and color. A flower makes a shadow, which gives very little, if any, indication of what a flower really looks like, but its image as reflected in the water provides the eyes with a clearer vision of each petal and its various colors. In time, he would see the flower itself. As he lifted his eyes skyward, he would find it easier at first to look at the heavenly bodies at night, looking at the moon and the stars instead of the Son in daytime. Finally, he would look right at the Son in His natural position and not His reflection from or through anything else.

- PLATO

Vital Stats:

Band Website http://www.trogdawn.net

Band Members, CURRENT MEMBERS:

-Randy Michaud - gtr/vox/etc.
-Kevin Mack - bass/b.vox
-Chaim Dernum - drums

FORMER MEMBERS:

-Ian McDuyhard - bass/keys
(1995-2005; 2007-2009)
-Garth Linkey - bass
(2006)
-John Mrowiec - drums
(2006)
-Mike Ruiz - drums
(2004)
-Mac Hines - drums
(1995-2003; 2005)

SPECIAL GUESTS:

-Andrew Flake - guitar
-Michelle Michaud - prod.
-Greg Norris - vox/prod.
-Rob Unck - prod.

Influences, Black Sabbath; Brian Eno; Arthur Brown; Tangerine Dream; Place of Skulls; Pentagram; Alice in Chains/Jerry Cantrell; Kemper Crabb/ArkAngel; The Bevis Frond; the D.I.Y. credo of the NWOBHM, PUNK and LO-FI/HI-VIBE movements.

Sounds Like, A rusty sunrise after the long dark night of the soul.

DISCOGRAPHY:

TROGLODYTE DAWN
Before the Dawn (1995 demos)

01. Longing (demo)
02. Flower (live demo)
03. Punk Rock Cow (demo)
04. Dead Man's Switch (live)
(aka 'Fallen World')

TROGLODYTE DAWN
Troglodyte Dawn (2003)

01. 667
02. Fallen World
03. Redeemed
04. Longing
05. Forever After
06. Flower
07. Dood
08. Lust
09. Look on the Cross
10. Dawn

TROGLODYTE DAWN
Kyna (2006)

01. Kyna
02. Kyna [doom mix]
03. Kyna [drone mix]

TROGLODYTE DAWN
Kyna Outtakes (2006)

01. Kyna [alt. version]
02. Anyk [edit]
03. anyKyna [darkskull theory]

Record Label, Stone Groove

Type of Label, Indie

MP3's and albums can be purchased here:

Mailing list:

Last edited by NapalmDave))) on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://napalmdrones.niceboard.net
NapalmDave37
The Gate Keeper
The Gate Keeper
NapalmDave37

Troglodyte Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn   Troglodyte Dawn I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
Mazzie
Master Of Posts
Master Of Posts
Mazzie

Troglodyte Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn   Troglodyte Dawn I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Amazing stuff that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
NapalmDave37
The Gate Keeper
The Gate Keeper
NapalmDave37

Troglodyte Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn   Troglodyte Dawn I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:32 pm

yes, trog is an awesome dude and i cant say enough good about what this dude does for the scene
Back to top Go down
Vitus7
Digger Of Drone's
Digger Of Drone's
Vitus7

Troglodyte Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn   Troglodyte Dawn I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:35 pm

I love Trog and his music, Thanks for posting this Dave
Back to top Go down
SabbathDoom
Doom Bringer
Doom Bringer
SabbathDoom

Troglodyte Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn   Troglodyte Dawn I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 7:28 am

good stuff
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Rotted Corpse
Rotted Corpse
TrogDawn

Troglodyte Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn   Troglodyte Dawn I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Wow, Thank you for putting this up
Back to top Go down
Ms.DoomBringer
Poser Killer
Poser Killer
Ms.DoomBringer

Troglodyte Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn   Troglodyte Dawn I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 12:08 pm

Awesome to see you on here Trog, Love your music
Back to top Go down
Vitus7
Digger Of Drone's
Digger Of Drone's
Vitus7

Troglodyte Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn   Troglodyte Dawn I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 12:27 pm

Awesome, Welcome Trog, Im a huge fan
Back to top Go down
Ms.DoomBringer
Poser Killer
Poser Killer
Ms.DoomBringer

Troglodyte Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn   Troglodyte Dawn I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:38 pm

Amazing band
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Troglodyte Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn   Troglodyte Dawn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Troglodyte Dawn

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official E.S.G Recordings Web Site :: Underground Bands You Should Know About-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com