The Official E.S.G Recordings Web Site

Formerly known As Within The Doomed Drones

Public posting is no longer allowed on this site, It is now the .com page for ESG Recordings

R.I.P WTDD-JUNE 2009-MAY 2011

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a light has shined." Isaiah 9:2

Share | 

Hguols

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NapalmDave37
The Gate Keeper
The Gate Keeper
NapalmDave37

Hguols Empty
PostSubject: Hguols   Hguols I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:34 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Taken from the myspace page:

The Hguols project specializes in instrumental black metal. The absence of vocals allows the songs to really breathe, emphasizing the atmosphere and emotion of the music. For 9 weeks in May and June of 2009, the "Epitome" concept album was constructed, and has been released in CD form on January 25th, 2010. MP3s to the entire Epitome album are also available via the links below!

The album can be found here:

(You can buy individual mp3's off the album here)

The .com page:

Taken from the .com:

Biography

The name “Hguols” actually derives from another band name; a group I, Thomas Eversole, was involved with in 2003-2004. I was the active drummer in a gore-grind band called Slough for a solid year. While there were a lot of good times in that band, creative differences led me to leave the group early 2004. I have been doing solo projects since 1999, and was once again interested in constructing a solo project from the additional tools I received upon leaving the band Slough.

Slough had lyrics full of propaganda, simplistic music as well as a lifestyle I have since left behind. The name is defined in multiple ways – a state of moral/spiritual demotion, or, to shed as a snake would slough skin. I wanted to start a new project absent of propaganda, simplicity and the lifestyle I was currently living. I wanted moral and spiritual promotions and was ready to put on some thick skin; thus the Hguols concept was born.

The Hguols project actually started back in 2005. It was a solo project, and involved instrumental black metal using live instruments. Acoustic drum tracks were laid and one song was completed, but a house fire ended up destroying the computer with all the work on it.

Due to many personal reasons, Hguols would remain dormant for several years. During its dormancy, I was dealing with a personal turmoil. Addiction.

Regaining sanity, I sought to breathe life into the project once again. I had experimented with MIDI sequencers in the past and contributed some of that music to homebrew games. In 2009, I decided to try to emulate black metal music with MIDI. I did some extensive testing and found a sound formula I really liked.

My decision to construct this music via 100% MIDI is two fold. For one, I could have an excellent sound with excellent production with little to no effort without extensive microphones or sound checks. For two, it has an electronic/devoid of life feeling to it, being ruthlessly precise as well extremely atmospheric utilizing multiple layers in the sequencer. The wall of noise distortion accompanying all the songs, as well as the electronic and sampling elements fits ideally within the modern black metal formula.

Hguols will remain instrumental music. Lyrics in this black metal genre are subject to bias discrimination, and bands that only talk about a certain topic only stick to a certain crowd. I choose not to be a part of that and just utilize only the music aspect. All songs are written on either guitar or piano, and sequenced with the appropriate black metal instruments. The drums are sequenced similar to how I perform on a drum set. Each song takes roughly a week to sequence, after it has been written.

The “Epitome” album is the first of several planned releases...

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Various places to visit:

Related to this Project
Hguols @ Myspace
EEE Recordings
Cakewalk
CDBaby
iZotope
Photoshop

Comrades
Bedeiah
BlackMetalRadio.com
Karjalan Sissit
MetalFRO's Rock and Metal Review
Barren Meadows Recordings
Mazzie's Music Magorium
White Throne Metal Reviews
Earthdog's Visions of Doom
DrawnsworD Graphix
Heavy Metal @ About
MetalReviews

Hobby Related
SwordOfMoonlight.com
GameFAQs
Agetec @ Yuku
Nosgoth @ Yuku
Nordic Mission Forum
Within the Doomed Drones
BlabberBoard.net

Last edited by NapalmDave))) on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://napalmdrones.niceboard.net
NapalmDave37
The Gate Keeper
The Gate Keeper
NapalmDave37

Hguols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hguols   Hguols I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:58 pm

damn links didnt work again, oh well, just copy and paste into your search engine, or dont be lazy and type it,lol
Back to top Go down
http://napalmdrones.niceboard.net
Hguols
Rotted Corpse
Rotted Corpse
Hguols

Hguols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hguols   Hguols I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Thank you Dave!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Creeping Behemoth
Digger Of Drone's
Digger Of Drone's
Creeping Behemoth

Hguols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hguols   Hguols I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Nice and grim, I like this alot
Back to top Go down
Hguols
Rotted Corpse
Rotted Corpse
Hguols

Hguols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hguols   Hguols I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Sponsored content

Hguols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hguols   Hguols I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hguols

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official E.S.G Recordings Web Site :: Underground Bands You Should Know About-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com