The Official E.S.G Recordings Web Site

Formerly known As Within The Doomed Drones

Public posting is no longer allowed on this site, It is now the .com page for ESG Recordings

R.I.P WTDD-JUNE 2009-MAY 2011

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a light has shined." Isaiah 9:2

Share | 

Elan, Old Forgotten Lands and Asgath

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NapalmDave37
The Gate Keeper
The Gate Keeper
NapalmDave37

Elan, Old Forgotten Lands and Asgath Empty
PostSubject: Elan, Old Forgotten Lands and Asgath   Elan, Old Forgotten Lands and Asgath I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:29 am

Since my good friend Elan has 3 music projects i figured what better way to start off the band of the month thread than posting all 3, We begin with Elan:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

You can download his free e.p here:

Elan's words about this project-This project was born of the mind of ÉLAN in the year 2007.
Upon releasing a solo EP, Work has begun on a new full-length effort, Featuring another guest musician on guitar and bass.

Vital info: Sounds Like Unorthodox black metal, with incorporated doom, rock, jazz, and folk elements.

Record Label, Gud Er Sannhet Productions/EEE Recordings...

Next up is my personal favorite out of his three projects Old Forgotten Lands which can be found here:

Now i have not heard to much from this project other than whats on the myspace player but i must say i love what i have heard, Excellent soundscaping and not cheesy or boring like alot of ambient tends to be, Dont get me wrong, i am a huge ambient fan but lets face it, Some bands just go too far with their sound and kill their over all vibe, OFL is far from one of those bands...

Elans words about this project-Begat as a black ambient project, conceived in the summer of the year 2007, Old Forgotten Lands was crafted as a cathartic and enlightening means for Elan to express both his dismay toward the plague of industry, and his reverence for the majesty of nature. This being his first experimentation with more atmospheric music, it was a very new experience.
During many months of melancholic, yet calming excursions to natural reserves, the first album was recorded, using a very minimal approach. EEE Recordings, recognizing the goals of this project, saw fit to release this music. Over time, however, and with the coming of new equipment, the project began to evolve.
A feature film was created as well, during the same time as the creation of the debut album, and, though it took much longer to release, it eventually saw release in 2008 from EEE as well.
Though the project is still young, it has underwent many changes, and its sound has only matured. What once was a synth-derived, melodic black ambient project has now morphed into something more. Field recordings, strange and unorthodox instruments, and a deep, impenetrable atmosphere now grace the sound of Old Forgotten Lands...

Vital info: Sounds Like The sounds of scenescapes instilled on the listener's minds.

Record Label, EEE Recordings

And last but not least we come to asgath which is another project i very much enjoy, I have a demo and a few other tracks from this project, You can also hear what he is currently working on here:

My own project TMD will be doing a split with Asgath soon, All i can say about this project is it is far from boring, I think its got the perfect blend of ambience, Noise and experimentation to keep it interesting all the way through.

Elans words on the project: Asgàth is a convergence of droney, Panned out noise, With strange digital manipulations. No boundaries, Only confusion.
Miscommunication out soon.

Vital info, Sounds Like The potential elasticity within all that is concrete and seemingly impenetrable, As well as the overcoming of urban suffocation.

Record Label, Barren Meadows Recordings

And thats it for this months project/s, I highly suggest you check all three of these out and download the elan e.p, Help support the underground because without the OFL's and Elans and Asgaths we wouldnt exist...
Back to top Go down
http://napalmdrones.niceboard.net
NapalmDave37
The Gate Keeper
The Gate Keeper
NapalmDave37

PostSubject: Re: Elan, Old Forgotten Lands and Asgath   Elan, Old Forgotten Lands and Asgath I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:39 am

Updated
Back to top Go down
http://napalmdrones.niceboard.net
...Doomed
Digger Of Drone's
Digger Of Drone's
...Doomed

PostSubject: Re: Elan, Old Forgotten Lands and Asgath   Elan, Old Forgotten Lands and Asgath I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:29 pm

Not bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elan, Old Forgotten Lands and Asgath   Elan, Old Forgotten Lands and Asgath I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elan, Old Forgotten Lands and Asgath

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official E.S.G Recordings Web Site :: Underground Bands You Should Know About-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com